Search

June 24, 2010

Menswear S/S 2011 - Part 2: Milan fashion week

I have really too little time to blog these days, because I'm going on a 15 day trip to London in July and now I have already to organize, renew my documents, deposit money on my prepaid card, buy things I need and much more stuff like that... Anyhow, I don't wanna bore you with my problems, I just want you to know that I'll try to do my best, but, at least this week, I can't be very "active" on my blog.
Having said that, let's move on menswear again. The fashion shows and parties marathon at Milan fashion week has just gone and now the attention is completely heading for Paris. I followed the past fashion shows religiously via Internet, watching some of them live in streaming or reading The Fashionisto all the time to keep up on the others.
I chose my favourite looks from the catwalks, so here are the highlights:

Foulards for (in order) Giorgio Armani, Iceberg and Salvatore Ferragamo

Vertical stripes at Dolce & Gabbana, Iceberg (with polka dots) and Salvatore Ferragamo

Prints from Giorgio Armani, Alexander McQueen (designed by Sarah Burton), and Versace

The new jeggings by Versace (which presented a very bad boy on the catwalks), Emporio Armani, Burberry Prorsum and Frankie Morello


Short tops at Calvin Klein and Frankie Morello

Fluo colors like Jil Sander for Dsquared² and Giorgio Armani (the last one)


Dark atmosphere at Burberry Prorsum, Emporio Armani (with clear recalls to the collaboration with Lady Gaga for Alejandro) and Versace

I also loved the traditional Sicilian caps (coppolas) shown by Dolce & Gabbana

And finally the Prada collection, which has been so controversial that I couldn't compare it with any others.


And that's all. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I loved the menswear looks! Dsquared² was one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete